Are YOU ready
to kick start your career in FINANCE?
Are YOU ready
GIVING YOU THE FOUNDATION TO SUCCEED
The Finance career field offers interns the opportunity to learn and understand how businesses manage their assets in terms of banking, investments, and credit. As the bottom line of any business is to make money, having well managed finances is a crucial aspect to the success of all businesses. Interns seeking a finance placement may work for a company within their finance department or work for a financial service firm that takes on clients of varying industries.
Career Field Skills You’ll Learn During A Finance Internship
- Market Research / Market Analysis
- Data Analysis & Business Reporting
- Financial Reporting & Forecasting
- Financial Modelling
- Commercial Awareness
- Data analysis of the Shanghai stock market
- Summarise reports on the economic development and future outlook for the Chinese/Vietnamese etc. economy
- Perform pre-audit evaluation of investment projects (reviewing of balance sheets and reconciliations and margin profiles)
Key Transferable Skills Students will need for Finance careers
When working with finances there are crucial deadlines to be met requiring additional support from time to time. Interns will be able to articulate experience with proven work ethic and an understanding of prioritization.
Support of finances between departments as well as with external partners will require refined oral communication as well as unpacking complex answers through written communication.
Most all finances are supported by CRM or payment tracking systems as well as basic Excel spreadsheets. Working within Finance and accounting roles will give you an understanding of learning new systems for day-to-day success which can be applied to all career fields.