Are YOU ready to kick start
your career in BUSINESS?
GIVING YOU THE FOUNDATION TO SUCCEED
The business career field gives interns the opportunity to support a wide range of departments and tasks depending on the interns interest as well as experience, transferable skills, and future career pathways. Participants wanting to expand their experience supporting business development, management, consulting, operations, research, and content development will be able to work for SMEs as well as large domestic or international facing companies. Upon completing a business internship participants will be able to articulate the differences in company and country cultures, management styles and methods, and utilize new found professional and project management skills.
Career Field Skills You’ll Learn During A Business Internship
- Commercial Awareness
- Market Research / Market Analysis
- Data Analysis & Business Reporting
- Lead Generation & Sourcing New Business
- Creating Presentation Materials
- Provide report with ideas how a company’s operations systems could be improved
- Creating a full competitor analysis – suggested feedback of where the company stands in the market and their USP vs. competitors. This will be reviewed by your supervisor, and should include an online presentation
- Develop and understand the use of tech tools to monitor trends (dashboards, excel tools)
Key Transferable Skills Students will need for Business Careers
Candidates will need to show their ability to be solution orientated and able to day to day as well as operational challenges.
Most careers within business are external and internal facing, requiring strong ability to relate and work with coworkers and customers.
Meetings and collaboration are the name of the game with most roles of business requiring working within cross-departmental teams.